ONLINE LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The purpose to having a computer based system is, it helps to increase the market share and it’s very easy for customers to use. It is increasing the demand among the customer. This project is concerned with developing a Library Inventory Management System using Object Oriented Programming. In this system, library management becomes more efficient & easier to handle with its reliable system components.
Many library systems are operated manually by group of people. In such situations many people involved in the process of managing the library such as keeping records regarding the books & students (borrowers), check the books manually, keep records on issued books etc. all these things have to be carried out manually & if the library is large, in content handling is also a problem.
The aim of this system is to help handle & manage the activities involved in a library in an efficient & reliable way. Less managing personnel & easy searching availability & user profile managing are major goals in this project.
1. The system allows anyone to browse and view the system but only the users can hire the books using their ID.
2. The system allows guest only to main page.
3. Since the username is unique the system must gives a message if the entered user name is not available.
4. The system allows user to login into the system.
5. Upon successful login, a welcome message is displayed and the user will see the accounts page.
6. The system allows user to edit their profile detail.
7. The system allows user to search for books.
8. The system allows the user to do advance search or simple search.9. The system allows user to reserve more than one book.
10. The system allows user to view their reserved book detail and last reserved book details.
11. The system must update the library information such as new books as arrivals, fines for late submission.
12. The system should allow only the administrator to modify the site contents.
13. The system allows the access level to the user and registered member.
14. The system should allow the administrator to check for the updates to the database